Sunday, July 16, 2023

Trello Review

I enjoyed exploring the tools this week in the course, Trello especially. I'm always looking for ways to improve my productivity and help keep myself organized. I like Kanban-style to-do lists and lately, I've been using OneNote - but I've not fully utilized it as I could.

While playing around with Trello, I realized that the ability to use the Kanban method with the drag-and-drop ability of the cards and boards is something my brain has been looking for. It makes it feel like the tactile version of using post-it notes, without wasting all of the paper.

The board menu is very nice as it contains a lot of information. That is something that is lacking in a lot of other project management products. Once you make the task or assignment, you can add descriptions and instructions for team members who might be unaware of what that specific task entails.

Trello also has a lot of templates. Scrolling through, I found one for learning a language. It is set up for a person that is working on learning a foreign language to show a to-do list of creating a daily schedule, choosing a language, completing assignments, etc.  I thought this was pretty nifty as I want to get back into my studies of learning Italian. I think I'm going to use this template and help it to drive how to start getting back into that routine.

While I still plan on using OneNote (because it has all of my training notes stored in it), I do plan on trying out Trello this week at work to see if it is something that would be helpful to my processes, or just something that adds another step. That's the great thing about this course. We're being introduced to so many different tools that we can try and if they work, great! If not, we just keep doing what we're doing.






No comments:

Post a Comment

It's official...

  I know I haven't shared much of myself personally this semester. But I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who graduated today!!! ...