Sunday, July 2, 2023

Blog Makeover

 Lucky me that this challenge came up because I was already planning on doing this anyway :)


Seeing everyone else's blogs so well put together, made me want to redo a few things on mine. 

I like the way the posts flow all on one page. So, that was where I started. I went to the templates and picked a whole new setup. I found one where the posts would stay in chronological order and you could read them from the home page. 

I also wanted to be able to add widgets and other features. I kept that in mind when looking at the templates and made sure the one I chose had the ability to utilize columns. I wanted a smoother, more seamless look from the bulky kind of look my blog was giving in the beginning. I also wanted the ability to add on with everything else we are doing in class.

Here are the before photos.

The colors are off-putting and everything just seems clunky. There is not a lot of room to expand on new items from the course.


Here is the after:




















I made the colors and font crisper and clearer. I integrated widgets along the side to show how many views on the blog there are. I also added links to other social media accounts, since that's what this course is all about. I also expanded the labels so they are no longer hidden in a drop-down box. Although, clearly I need to be better about tagging my posts. 

Overall, I am very happy with the changes and I plan to continue making tweaks to the blog throughout the course as I become more comfortable with the platform and everything it entails. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. The new layout is beautiful! You have inspired me, I may go through mine and give it some TLC. I just recently had to do this for my home office and I still feel the reorganization bug so this is a perfect way to stretch that muscle. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

It's official...

  I know I haven't shared much of myself personally this semester. But I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who graduated today!!! ...