Sunday, July 2, 2023

Social Media and Fiction

πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘Spoilers AheadπŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘πŸ›‘

For the Goodreads challenge, I read the book Tweet Cute by Emma Lord.  This book is a YA romance novel that is all about social media. Two high school students are involved in their parents' businesses by helping run their Twitter campaigns. These students, develop this deep relationship that turns into much more (as these stories often do). There's also a side plot of another phone-based app that connects these two students anonymously, while they're building a relationship.  The story ends as most of these YA novels often do. The ups and downs turn into a young romance that we see come to fruition.


Honestly, these types of novels aren't my favorite, because they tend to have too much "romance" in them for the age category being written about. I was very happy to see that there was not an abundance of PDA or sexual scenarios, considering the characters in the novel are high school students. 

It seems the author really did her research into the Twitter platform before writing this book. She used a lot of terminology and had the characters discussing different social media strategies. Even though this was a fiction novel, I enjoyed seeing these strategies "implemented" and what the outcomes were. 

This author did a great job with the character development and I'd be really interested to see what other kind of books she writes. If you're interested her information, I've linked it below.


Twitter: @dilemmalord

Goodreads: Emma Lord


Tweet Cute is available on Kindle Unlimited or for purchase on Amazon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's official...

  I know I haven't shared much of myself personally this semester. But I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who graduated today!!! ...