Sunday, July 2, 2023

Respite Week - Hallelujah

 Is anyone else out there starting to feel the burnout?

Okay, maybe burnout is too strong a word. But, I'm definitely starting to slow down a bit. I can definitely tell I've been more focused on doing my own studies, like SkillShare and LinkedIn Learning - playing around with the different tools, as opposed to actual interaction with classmates. 

I think that's one of the norms we discussed several weeks ago. 

We as a class definitely hit the ground running. Personally, this is my last semester in the program and I think I'm just so excited to be nearing the finish line that I didn't pace myself. Now, I'm looking at being unbalanced. People in life asking how I'm spending more time in this one class than I did in two classes last semester. 

I've never been obsessed with social media... but here, I'm constantly getting notifications on my watch and phone and computer. It's surrounding me all of the time. 

It's no wonder these kids are so heavily influenced by it. There's just information being pushed at them all hours of the day. There are no breaks. Here I am, typing out three blog posts on a Sunday night because by the time I've finished the 'participation' portion of my social media work, my brain is toast. 

I've said all that to say, I am definitely learning. 100%. I don't regret this course at all. I have found some great tools that I didn't even know existed and look forward to learning more about them to implement them in future endeavors. 

But to quote the late, great Michael Clarke Duncan (as said by his character in The Green Mile) "I'm tired, Boss". 

So, hallelujah for a respite week. 

This post is more journal-esque than others.... but I felt it needed to be said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's official...

  I know I haven't shared much of myself personally this semester. But I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who graduated today!!! ...