Saturday, June 3, 2023

Social Butterfly Challenge

Here's my attempt at the Social Butterfly Challenge..

Ok. You got me. I may be having fun with this. 

Fine... I'm having a lot of fun with this.

You add a challenge to something and I am there for it. I'm competitive by nature. It's in my bones. I don't back down from a challenge.


I started scrolling through blogs looking for post titles that caught my eye. I focused on topics that I was focusing on myself. Twitter has been my Achilles' heel so far, because it is so hard to get your message out in just a few words. So, I've been doing my research to make sure I understand this platform. I also struggle with having my social media accounts set to public during this course to allow for everyone to communicate with me. That's a big change from my norm. It allows for all of these different things to flood my news feed - or whatever the kids call it these days.... (I was just informed they don't say something's fire anymore so apparently I'm not up on the lingo.. the horror!!!!)

A Web 2.0 Learning Blog created a post titled "A Trip Through Twitter". In this, a list was created of what appears in the following feed. I thought this was a unique way to catalog what the social app is feeding you every day. Then, you can use this information to curate your feed by manipulating what you input/search.

After that, I traveled over to Bits & Pieces and encountered a post, "the lurker life." This post resonated with me on every level. It matched me to a T. I am a natural born lurker and there is nothing wrong with it. I am working on that in this course... I even branched out on my personal Facebook today and made a challenge post to my friends and family. This post linked some great resources about lurking in social media if you're interested in hearing more about it!

One of the tools we learned about that I was so excited for was the RSS feed. Inspire. Learn. Educate. created a post "Is RSS Feeds the Answer?" This post explores the idea of RSS feeds and some of the functionality, or lack thereof. There are some great comments on this post as well!



After I left the blog-o-sphere, I made my way over to Twitter. I had posted a Tweet about loving the challenges and had been receiving some feedback. So, I decided to respond to some classmates to show my appreciation for their replies! 


I just had to share Unreliable's Tweet. There's a goldmine of comedy here if you pay attention. A lot of the posts from this classmate are comical. In this case, I didn't think words were necessary. I let Jim Halpert's reaction say it for me :) 


What do y'all think? I am breaking out of my chrysalis? Am I becoming a #SocialButterfly? 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I saw you doing the various challenges and thought that maybe they were just the think you needed. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's official...

  I know I haven't shared much of myself personally this semester. But I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who graduated today!!! ...