Sunday, June 4, 2023

Long, Hot Weekend Instagram Challenge

 Congrats to those of y'all that accomplished both challenges!! It was a lot. 

I was just a few photos away from completing both, but I wouldn't have been able to get this post up in time. So, I figured I'd better play it safe. 

This was a lot of fun. I already had plans to go out this weekend, so that was lucky for me I was able to get some of these. Most of them, though, are stock photos from online. 

Most of my real photos were applied to the other challenge, but oh well.

I'm going to do a quick description of why I included each of the photos.

1. Sports - My daughter is obsessed with soccer lately. Inside, outside, doesn't matter where, there is always a soccer ball being kicked. This is an homage to her.
2. Nature- This stock photo was just beautiful and reminds me of my grandparents' property growing up.
3. The arts- My kids love to paint. It is their current favorite craft.
4. A concert- This scene reminds me of every concert experience I've ever had. Until I push my way to the front, anyways.
5. The movies- This is a real shot from this weekend. My Granny and I have a tradition of seeing every Fast and Furious movie together in theaters. And before you come at me, yes, I know they've gotten pretty out there and ridiculous. But it's still a tradition. And it's still a reason to go eat popcorn and get a break from the real world for a few hours.
6. Fine dining- This is my version of fine dining. Santa Fe Cattle Co. Usually I go for their burgers or tacos, but I tried to be good and get a salad knowing I was gonna be getting all of that theater food in just a little bit :)
7. A barbecue- Some pictures are worth a 1000 words, so I'm gonna let that one speak for itself.
8. Relaxing- Not my image.. but this is my favorite way to relax. A hot cup of coffee and a good book.
9. Hanging out with friends- This picture actually had another person in it.... but you know how Instagram's dimensions are. So to make it fit, I had to crop the other person out. Gave me a good laugh thinking about how semi-anti-social I am that my idea of "hanging out with friends" was hanging out with a dog".
10. Big night out- I love, love, love fireworks. A big night out for me would definitely be grabbing a blanket, finding a place doing fireworks, and just going to sit outside and watch them. That would be perfect.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the work you put into these challenges. I loved reading the description of your pictures and why you included them.

    ReplyDelete

It's official...

  I know I haven't shared much of myself personally this semester. But I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who graduated today!!! ...