Sunday, July 16, 2023

Reflection

This was a very, very, very long week.

I was so happy about the respite last week. So very thankful. It was just the rest I needed heading into this week. Our church had our MEGA Sports Camp (Vacation Bible School) this week. We do ours at night so that the volunteers don't have to take off work.... which is great. Except that now I'm going to work at 6am, then straight to VBS, getting home at 9:30pm, getting the kids settled, and then trying to get some studying finished.  Whew!

Then there were other things that weren't so great this week. Needless to say, finding time for anything has been hard. So that respite week was perfectly timed.

I'm glad there were only a few readings this week and the normal blog and participation requirements. It was a good balance for me with everything else going on. 

But I am ready to get back in the swing of things. I'm excited about the new project management tools we learned about this week and I plan on trying them out to see how they work for me in the real world this week. We don't have much longer in this course and I'm curious to see just how many more Web 2.0 tools there are out there to discover.

The most important thing I've learned is it's okay to give yourself a break. The competitive side of me wanted to do everything all the time. I learned I had to allow myself time to step back when I needed to and allow myself a mental break or digital detox. It's very easy to get lost in this social media world, especially when you're not used to being in it at all.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, getting into social media and participating is a whole new time committment. Glad you're enjoying it and getting a lot out of it. I can see that I'll participate after this class on a limited basis. My challenge is that I'm short on time as it is.

    ReplyDelete

It's official...

  I know I haven't shared much of myself personally this semester. But I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who graduated today!!! ...