Thursday, June 15, 2023

I had Lasik surgery yesterday....

 It was an eye-opening experience.





🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣


I'm so sorry... I just had to. Why you may ask? Why did I make you endure an awful pun? Glad you asked.

Today, I made a 'Vision Board' on Pinterest... see what I did there?

BTW.. I didn't actually have Lasik so don't come for me. I do want it though and really need it.😳

Pinterest has always been my favorite social media platform.. and my least favorite. This is the one I can spend the most time on. For nothing. I can literally (and that's not a misuse of the word) spend hours upon hours just scrolling and saving pins to various boards. Anything from future home build plans to makeup and hairstyles, to dinner recipes, or educational resources. Pinterest is my go-to. 

When my daughter was diagnosed with Celiac disease, I ran to Pinterest first for gluten-free recipes and tips. 

When I wanted to get back in the gym, I went to none other than Pinterest for workout recommendations. 

When I wanted to style my living room furniture, Pinterest was my first stop.

Whatever the need, Pinterest always seems to have the answer. Even if I just want some funny quotes or serious quotes or Bible quotes, Pinterest has that, too.


I have very rarely, probably less than five times in all honesty, pinned anything from the internet myself. There is an extension for Google Chrome where you can pin something that you find online and create your own pin. This is a way of social bookmarking. Generally, I search within Pinterest itself for what I need and there are so many items already bookmarked and generated in this site, that I don't need to source my own material.

That's what I did today with the vision board. Click here to go to Pinterest and see what my dream home office would look like.

Here's a sample of one of my favorites!!



If you'd like to see the pin I made, you can follow this link, or go to my blog post here!

4 comments:

  1. I loved your pin, and your post was enlightening! I admit when Pinterest appeared on the Tools list last week, I was a bit intrigued as I did not think of Pinterest for learning purposes or even for potential usefulness in personal matters. For me, it was like reading a magazine and folding the corner of pages when I found a nice image. For me, Pinterest was mostly used for "esthetical" interests.
    But your experience made me realize how useful it could be to get advice and guidance in our daily lives.
    I wanted to thank you, because you give me the argumnets I needed to give it a try more seriously. I hope I can share a pin before the week ends ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is helpful, even in education. So many use it to house their data because it provides a quick way to view your bookmarks (because of the unique feature of seeing the image next to a description of the page). There are so many educational resources, especially templates for IDers that can be utilized. I love finding planning resources as well. I hope you're able to find some great resources and I look forward to seeing your creations!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for a look at your Pinterest postings. I haven't used it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have pinned only a few Pinterest pages. Does that make me a lurker? Anyway it's cool that Pinterest is your knowledge base. I was a temporary teacher's assistant and the teacher had me use Pinterest for lesson plan ideas. I'm going to follow on to your ideas and look into some of the g-free recipes and also on some workout plans. Thanks for these tips.

    ReplyDelete

It's official...

  I know I haven't shared much of myself personally this semester. But I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who graduated today!!! ...