Friday, August 4, 2023

Job Titles

As we prepare for the real-world, post-graduate school, let us take a minute to wonder why it is so difficult to understand job titles.  Take this one I ran across today.

Academic Analyst.

The advertisement stated to pick up a copy of the job description from the local school board office.

Umm... ok. That's great. But maybe could I get just a smidge of an idea of what this job is? Because in the world of education, that is a very vague job title. 

Did you know that when I Googled that position just as it was written, seven different job titles were pulled up on page 1 of Google. Seven. Sette. Siete. I don't know any other languages but that's just crazy. 

Why do we make it so difficult for potential candidates looking for positions? Can there not be a universal language for job titles.. a singular bank of terms we pull from with a limited combination? Is that too much to ask?  Am I still on a sleep-deprived, energy-drink-fueled rant? Does this bother literally anyone else on the planet or am I the only one being sensitive to the subject? Bueller? Bueller?

Anyways, seeing as how I wasn't job hunting today and just happened to run across it, I haven't gotten my answers. So, sorry for anyone that reads this and is looking for a resolution, because you won't find that here. Unfortunately, I gotta leave you on a cliffhanger, kind of like

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's official...

  I know I haven't shared much of myself personally this semester. But I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who graduated today!!! ...