Sunday, June 11, 2023

Reflecting on Week 4

 This week was busy.... and not so busy.

I found some challenges to participate in. I was awarded some new badges. Score!! 

I backed off of some social media, while I embraced others. I feel I've been spending more time on Reddit, probably because of the paper that's coming up. I've also been researching and watching videos about these tools.  Now that we're using Diigo, I'll start adding some of things I'm reading to it, so y'all can see them, too if you want.

One of my favorites from this week was found in one our readings.


Horstman, Tierney, and Tzou (2020) created a table that lists the different types of functional badges. I really enjoyed reading this article because it gives you a working knowledge of how to create and implement this into your classroom or work environment. As I read through the different types of badges, it really brought me back into gamer mode. A lot of these remind me of achievement you earn or unlock when playing video games. I enjoy just how similar these are, and I know I've said it before, but it calls to that part of me. I've seen several of these utilized in this class already, I'm curious to see if we'll hit all of these before the semester is over!



Horstman, T., Tierney, G., & Tzou, C. (2020). Design principles for creating digital badges to support learningLinks to an external site.Information and Learning Sciences, 121(11/12), 889-907. https://doi.org/10.1108/ils-02-2020-0042Links to an external site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's official...

  I know I haven't shared much of myself personally this semester. But I just wanted to say congrats to everyone who graduated today!!! ...